This recipe is adapted from another given to me by a lovely lady (Tina) about 9 years ago.
Here’s my version.
You will need
Ready rolled frozen Puff pastry
Fresh parmesean cheese, finely grated (fresh is best)
Cracked Black Pepper
Diced Bacon pieces
Pizza or Italian Herbs ( I use the small sprinkle jars)
Grated tasty cheese
You will also need
Mini quiche trays ( I have 4, could do with 8!) these look like muffin trays, but they are not as deep.
biscuit cutter (size will depend on your quiche tray size)
A run around the block (to burn off the calories)
Now, I don’t measure so I can’t be sure of the exact amounts.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degress
- Lay out a couple of sheets of pastry, and whilst that’s thawing get the rest of your ingredients and spray the trays with cooking oil.
- Crack a couple of eggs into a jug (I use a pouring jug) add a dash of milk and give it a whisk. Then throw in some parmesean cheese. This makes it super yummy. Grind some black pepper and salt into this eggy mix. Mix again.
- Use a cutter to cut your pastry into rounds, (mine is fluted so gives a great shape) then place these into your trays.
- Add a little egg mix into the pastry. A little! Don’t overdo it, they’ll puff up and go all over the place if you use too much. Try not to get it all over your tray too.
- Dump a few pieces of bacon into the centre of each.
- Top with grated cheese. Yum. Make sure this isn’t over the edges of the pastry.
- Sprinkle a few herbs on top.
- Bake till golden. How long? Dunno. Till they are golden. About 10 minutes? Give or take 10. 🙂
- Cool on racks, then either serve or hide them from the family.